What We Do:
NFF works toward a more just and vibrant society through:
- Financing that invests in missions. Our customized financing strengthens hardworking nonprofits and social enterprises.
- Consulting that empowers leaders. Our experts equip you to make financial decisions that best serve your mission.
- Partnering on big problems. Service providers, funders, and investors turn to us for new ways to collaboratively support stronger, fairer communities.
- Learning that helps illuminate paths to solving complex social issues. Sharing experiences and expertise – from ideas to anecdotes to cutting-edge data and analysis – makes it easier.
Nonprofit Finance Fund® (NFF®) is a leading Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with over $250 million in assets under management. NFF has provided $620 million in financing and access to additional capital in support of over $2.3 billion in projects for thousands of organizations nationwide. In partnership with others, we've also supported the provision of more than $120 million in grants to nonprofits for recovery, capital and planning grants and reserves.
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) is seeking an Associate Director to be based out of the New York Office.
The Associate Director works with national leadership to deliver a full range of consulting services in the market and ensure quality, timely execution, and customer satisfaction. In addition, the Associate Director will manage a team of consulting professionals in their region with the aim of further developing internal capacity to provide NFF’s consulting services as needed throughout the practice.
This position will report to the Vice President of Advisory Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a leadership role in the market representing NFF in the community with various stakeholders from funders to nonprofits to government representatives.
- Provide direct support and partnership to NFF’s key funders in the market, and practice needed.
- Assist in marketing consulting services and complete capital initiatives directly to the nonprofit and grant maker communities.
- Manage execution of work in practice pipeline and benchmark progress against business unit revenue and performance goals.
- Ensure overall quality of consulting services and complete capital initiatives to clients.
- Contribute to national efforts around the planning and development of consulting service offerings, providing insight on form, content, pricing, and delivery systems.
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to promote program and business development goals and assist in team building within the region and across the organization.
- Manage consulting staff, ensuring workload levels are balanced, appropriate, and sufficiently challenging based on professional development goals and the overall needs of the program.
- Mentor and coach staff on delivery of consulting services and client relationship management.
- Act as a senior level consultant on the delivery of select consulting engagements.
- Respond to incoming requests for services and support and advise clients accordingly, particularly as it relates to developing a suitable scope of work and corresponding work plan; coordinate with Business Development team on intake, pricing and scheduling.
- Lead and/or participate in client meetings and conduct trainings/workshops for clients, as needed, particularly for highly customized engagements and/or the implementation of new service offerings.
- Develop and present reports with key insights, both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in business, finance, public administration, or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ of professional work experience, preferably in the fields of financial services or consulting.
- Proven track record managing people and multiple projects.
- Local knowledge and relationships in the nonprofit community.
- Willingness to travel throughout the state, with possible travel nationally.
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities and balancing the needs of diverse constituencies, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit community, including familiarity with nonprofit accounting and financial and managerial issues commonly faced by organizations in the sector.
- Excellent analytical skills and high level of comfort with quantitative information.
- Training/teaching/presentation experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong sense of integrity.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented with drive and initiative.
- Ability to see the larger, strategic picture while overseeing the details of day-to-day work.
- Demonstrated maturity, judgment and self-awareness.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and familiarity with database systems.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
Nonprofit Finance Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in its workforce. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.