Nonprofit Finance Fund's (NFF) Advisory Services team is seeking a full-time Senior Associate of Business Development. This position reports to the Associate Director of Business Development.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of NFF’s national Advisory Services business development practice in partnership with, and in support of, the Associate Director. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Associate Director to develop, refine, and implement business development systems and protocols; to implement business development strategy; to structure and write key proposals for national and regional opportunities; and to serve as an internal ambassador for NFF’s business development activities.
This role will coordinate and collaborate extensively with our consultants, market managers and other NFF business units to advance business development projects and transition them to high-impact engagements and initiatives. The work will be fast-paced and at times ambiguous, and a successful candidate will need to blend flexibility with disciplined execution, operating through informal channels as well as established hierarchy. The Senior Associate will be expected to be conversant with the full range of NFF’s service offerings; to manage a substantial portfolio of work, while ensuring quality of interactions and deliverables; and to effectively communicate key NFF messages, verbal and written, to internal and external audiences.
This position is a national position. The Senior Associate can be based out of one of NFF’s five office locations. Travel is expected and could potentially account for up to 40% of the Senior Associate's time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day Advisory Service business development operations and administration, including:
- Oversight of the campaign pipeline in Adaptive and Salesforce.
- Data capture and analysis on business development metrics, helping to monitor progress towards business unit goals.
- Management of business development meeting infrastructure, including scheduling, design, facilitation, and follow-up.
- Timely communications with the business development team on all of the above.
- Manage and implement strategic design for ASBD systems, analytics and reporting, as well as internal projects to strengthen the business development function.
- Prepare written concept notes and proposals for prospective clients, in partnership with Advisory relationship managers, Executive team members, and other members of the business development team. Manage the proposal development process, ensuring that these documents are completed in a timely manner, and interfacing with prospects as needed.
- Support Advisory and Executive team members as they explore and develop new business opportunities, providing resources and coordinating efforts across geographies and sectors.
- Implement cross-team coordination and integration with other NFF groups and teams, including Advisory Services Operations, NFF Operations, Financial Services, Knowledge & Impact, and Finance & Administration.
- Field incoming business development requests, providing information about NFF’s services and evaluating prospects for viability. Move these prospects through the business development process as appropriate.
- Meet with external parties regarding NFF’s services and represent NFF at external events as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- Advanced degree with 3-6 years of work experience; or equivalent professional with 6-8 years relevant work experience, preferably in the fields of nonprofit management, consulting, and/or financial services.
- Strong project management skills, with particular proficiency in communications and coordination. Strong time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, including technical and interpretive writing. Strong ability to organize, synthesize, and present complex information in an accessible manner.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfort with using data for decision making.
- High levels of both self-confidence and humility, with an ability to improve performance based on received feedback.
- Professional maturity and ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, clients, funders, board members and leaders in the field in a way that is consistent with NFF Values.
- Comfortable working under deadlines in a fast-paced, innovative and growth-oriented organization.
- Aptitude for designing structures and approaches for managing uncertainty.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with a close-knit group of professionals.
- Flexible, curious, creative, enthusiastic, with a sense of humor.
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- § Proficiency with Salesforce.
- § Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau.
- § Interest and ability to travel nationally, year round.
- § Basic knowledge about a broad range of social issues on which NFF works, including Pay for Success programs, health care policy, and issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.