What We Do:
NFF works toward a more just and vibrant society through:
Financing that invests in missions. Our customized financing strengthens hardworking nonprofits and social enterprises.
Consulting that empowers leaders. Our experts equip you to make financial decisions that best serve your mission.
Partnering on big problems. Service providers, funders, and investors turn to us for new ways to collaboratively support stronger, fairer communities.
Learning that helps illuminate paths to solving complex social issues. Sharing experiences and expertise – from ideas to anecdotes to cutting-edge data and analysis – makes it easier.
Nonprofit Finance Fund® (NFF®) advances missions and social progress in underserved communities through financing, consulting, partnerships, and knowledge-sharing that empower leaders, organizations, and ideas. A leading Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), NFF currently manages over $310 million. Since 1980, we have provided almost $700 million in financing and access to additional capital in support of over $2.3 billion in projects for thousands of organizations nationwide.
NFF’s Consulting (Advisory Services) practice is seeking a full-time Administrative Team Assistant. The Team Assistant will support the Advisory Services Leadership team (ASL) - (4 Vice Presidents and Managing Director) providing day-to-day administrative support. The role requires comfort and flexibility in providing tactical and navigation in support of multiple managers and leaders of the team. The Team Assistant will be expected to have a basic understanding of NFF’s consulting offerings; have the ability to manage time and projects efficiently and have a level of comfort with detail oriented tasks.
This position will be based in Boston. This position reports to the Vice President of Advisory Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Manages calendar and coordination of business travel and logistics for the ASL
▪ Serves as the liaison for communication between ASL, staff and external entities
▪ Processes expenses, reimbursements, check requests and invoices and troubleshoots with accounting and finance department
ASL Team Support
▪ Provides support for ASL as required of their role in managing Advisory Services and Consulting Priorities including: Business Development, Consulting Delivery, Portfolio Initiative Management, Administration, Budgeting and Staffing
▪ Plans events and coordinates logistics for ASL Team-led, recurring and ad hoc events such as: Quarterly In-service, Retreats, Leadership Meetings, Senior Consultant Meetings, etc.
▪ Anticipates the need for redirecting or delegation of workflows based on calendar management and planning sessions within the ASL and other business units
▪ Provides project management support for ASL priorities; coordinates ASL calendars and tasks to ensure that team members have the resources to effectively deliver on commitments
Relationship Management & Communications
▪ Facilitates ASL communication with other departments and business units for effective stewardship and collaboration to produce enterprise-wide outcomes for cross-cutting initiatives
▪ Cultivates internal relations, staff coordination and communications including working proactively with colleagues, while using both formal and informal feedback from staff to improve functionality and efficiency of ASL and/or enterprise at large
▪ Perform other duties as needed
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
▪ Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
▪ Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities for senior leader(s)
▪ 3 – 5 year’s relevant experience supporting an executive or team
▪ Ability to make high level observations while being mindful of the details under stringent time constraint
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, PowerPoint, EXCEL and Word
▪ Comfort with and ability to learn, utilize and troubleshoot new technology
▪ Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
▪ Ability to work independently and understand the demands of a team environment
▪ Self-motivated and results oriented with drive and initiative
▪ Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
▪ Good sense of humor and diplomacy
▪ Generally, plays well with others
▪ Motivated by a value driven organization
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
▪ Professional exposure to the nonprofit sector
▪ Experience and commitment with supporting a team
▪ Comfort with ambiguity and change
▪ Experience in working for a mission driven organization
▪ Entrepreneurial and solution driven spirit
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
Nonprofit Finance Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in its workforce. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
When applying, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver's license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.